Assembly was no problem and I had it mounted on my Kubota just in time for a hard rain, so it went immediately to the barn. Next day I tried mowing even though there was more standing water than I realized. This mower has hammer type flails (Y-type available) which are scoop shaped and create a suction at the mowing level, which normelly would be a good thing, but not for mowing through water. It sucks it up and bogs down. I'm in sw Florida and this is our rainy season, so we often have more water than we want and it was several days before I could give the mower a good trial. I was very happy with the results after I raised the cutting height from the factory setting. It leaves a very nice, even cut and no windrows like you get with a conventional mower, since the discharge is spread over the whole cutting width. Also no tall weeds are left to pop back up again. This seems to be a well-built heavy duty unit - it weighs around 600 pounds. So far, so good!
Shipment arrived in a wooden crate, which was good. It takes about 2 hours for assembly, unit looks well built
Issue 1, When you move the right support leg to the up position, the holes do not line up to engage retention pin, the bottom button of the leg hits the frame, needed to re-drill hole to correct
Issue 2, unit cuts close to the ground even with the skid plates and rear roller in the lowest position, not really an issue when cutting brush.
Have about 20 hours of use (field edging) and nothing broke yet.
I've spent the last two days clearing cedar fence lines. The chipper is mounted on a 4300 John Deere and is working great. I was very pleased the way the gravity feed works, I wasn't sure how much effort it would take to feed it, but my (adult) daughter was helping me and she was able to feed it just fine, while I was cutting and dragging.
I have used larger chippers before that didn't chip nearly as well I think the angle of the blade mounts on the rotor help it.
Looking forward to years of use, thanks for the help.